Dragons of DotD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum for the Dragons Guild on Kong, DotD

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Raid section too Complicated...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daedalus

Raid section too Complicated... Empty
PostSubject: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:22 pm

The raid section is like navigating a maze...

There's a lot of simpler ways to set it up, but here's my suggestion for to begin with... - Later we could add more subsections if we started having too many posted at once.... Doubtful though..

Nightmare Raids:
-Small (List all small raids in the same topic with an empty "Header" post.... replies can be deleted as they complete, also people can easily join the bottom ones)
-Medium (List all Medium raids in the same topic with an empty "Header" post.)
-Large (List all Large raids in the same topic with an empty "Header" post.)
-(etc for other sizes)

Other Raids:
-Small (List all small raids in the same topic with an empty "Header" post.)
-Medium (List all Medium raids in the same topic with an empty "Header" post.)
-Large (List all Large raids in the same topic with an empty "Header" post.)
-(etc for other sizes)

(note.. there's very little reason to summon raids on any difficulty besides Normal or Nightmare... so really no reason for more than 2 Top level sections.)

I've seen raid posting groups successfully use this set-up on FB.. and it would work even better here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:53 pm

Heheh that is teh way I had it, then people suggested I do it this way Razz idk, if I can get more people's feedback I can see what the general consensus is. Another idea is to have a raids section, then list the size of raid and then within the size of the raid I list the actual name of the raid it self. That may be less confusing, cause each forum will only have one raid the only difference will be teh difficulty. Thanks for the feedback though Smile
Back to top Go down
https://dotddragons.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:10 am

I will devise a new forum raid layout on monday, I have the day off from work therefore I have time
Back to top Go down
Joyanna

Joyanna

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:53 am

Maybe we schould make a thread for every single boss.

and when you post your link, you tell which difficulty it is.

So everyone could easily find a boss he needs loot of, or just likes to kick in the butt Razz

but maybe, thats gonna be a lot of thrads Sad

Maybe like this:

Small Raids
->Chieftain Horgrak
->Ataxes
->Briareus the Butcher

Medium Raids
->Mazalu
->Bloody Alice
->Scylla

Large Raids
->General Grune
->Lurking horror
->Gravlok the Night-Hunter

Epic Raids
->Erebus the Black
->Tainted Erebus

Guild Raids
->Celeano
->Arachna
->Al-Azab
->Groblar Deathcap
->Deathglare
->Ragetalon

Something like this, but - a lot of threads :/

If I think about it, not that good system I thought ^.^
Back to top Go down
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:08 am

The way we do it on my FB DoTD group is very very simple.... and so few raids are posted, it works. - Even when we had more page participation, it worked. (so many are so high level now, they tend to be members of farming groups, and are required to share their raids in the farm groups... so less are shared on the page.)

We have 3 sections...

Stamina raids- Any raids not going in the other section goes here.

Farm raids - All Normal raids go here.

Dragon's Lair - Discussion/Advance notice (I will be summoning one of these tomorrow AM.. ETC)/Links go here. - The topic topper tells all about the raid, and explains how bad it is to tag these, and that purposeful tags will result in kicks.

Here we might also want a topic for "Special Raids" where people will post links to World Raids/Energy raids/etc.

- And as I said in the other post.... If we overwhelmed the forum with posts, and needed to add more topics, that could be done later as needed.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Meant to do this yesterday but ran into a few Real life issues... so chances are I'll end up doing this wednesday night when I am done work.
Back to top Go down
Moot

Moot

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:25 am

+1 to Daedalus's idea, also does Tasselfoot have Admin rights or will this forum die soon?
Back to top Go down
sol

sol

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:26 am

Admin = Ikursan?)
Back to top Go down
Moot

Moot

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:30 am

yes
Back to top Go down
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:31 am

sol wrote:
Admin = Ikursan?)

Yes, Ikursan is Admin.

I asked him in another topic if we would be able to continue using the forums if he was unable to return to the game...

No reply yet.

I'm not familiar with Forumotion, and do not know if this is a paid forum, or Ad-Supported free... I suspect the second, due to the ad above though...

So if all else fails, should Tasselfoot choose to do so he can make a new one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Ya this is still available to everyone. I have been really busy lately with real life stuff. If people need anything on the forums the best option is to PM me through kong as all those messages go straight to my phone.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Tomorrow is a day where I have absolutely nothing going on so I can revamp the raids section to be similar to what people suggest. However as an advance warning all posts in the raid section will be deleted when I do this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raid section too Complicated...   Raid section too Complicated... Empty

Back to top Go down

Raid section too Complicated...
Page 1 of 1